[OW2 Newsletter - May 2009 - From the OW2 Management Office]
The election process is closed and I am pleased to announce that we now have a new board of directors. This board will elect its chairperson during its first meeting to be held on May 15. Since 2009 is an important transition year for OW2; the main objective of the new board will be to fine-tune the OW2 strategy for our next development phase.
The next meeting of the Technology Council will be held at the end of June in Berlin along with LinuxTag; Fraunhofer FOKUS kindly offered to be our host. The following meeting will be in Grenoble, in September.
The webinars organized by the Europe Local Chapter are now in full swing. Register here.
A word about the Programming Contest: we have 21 topics and are now in the process of recruiting candidates and sponsors. I am calling all students and teachers: join the contest and test your skills with real state-of-the-art OW2 projects. More...
Please take note of our June events: JavaOne, LinuxTag and the
Coter Club. We have finally decided to attend JavaOne with our own
appreciation to INRIA who had kindly invited us to share
their booth. If you plan to attend JavaOne this year, make sure you
come and say hello!
Thank you for your support!
29 Apr 09: Orchestra 4.0.10 available (Posted by: lejeuneg)
27 Apr 09: XWiki Enterprise Manager 1.6.2 released (Posted by: tmortagne)
27 Apr 09: XWiki Enterprise 1.8.2 released (Posted by: tmortagne)
16 Apr 09: JOnAS 5.1.0 RC2 available (Posted by: benoitf)
16 Apr 09: XWiki Enterprise 1.9 milestone 1 released (Posted by: jvdrean)
14 Apr 09: XWiki Enterprise Manager 1.6.1 Released (Posted by: tmortagne)
14 Apr 09: XWiki Enterprise 1.8.1 Released (Posted by: tmortagne)
14 Apr 09: SAT4J 2.1 RC3 Released! (Posted by: leberre)
01 Apr 09: SOFA 2 0.6.1 released (Posted by: mmalohlava)
- The elections for Corporate Members' and Individual Members' representatives are now closed. Check out the new board here . The next Board of Directors meeting will be on May 15.
- BI Initiative deliverables are now available here. The web page is open: readers are free to add their comments and suggestions. The BI Initiative team will
take them into account in the next version of the documents.
- The programming contest jointly organized by OW2 and Scilab is now ready to accept candidates and sponsors! It is essentially targeted at Chinese students and technicians to test and improve their skills with OW2 middleware. More...
- May presentations include:
Fractal in C (05/05), OSS business models & innovation (05/14),
SpagoBI 2.0 Project (05/19) and AspireRFID Project (05/28). Register here.
- Make a date to attend the "Enterprise development" track at LinuxTag, Berlin,
June 24-27, where the OW2 projects will be on stage. Come and check the full program here.
The CoTer Club (IT for local government) will hold its 20th Congress in
Strasbourg, France, June 16-17, 2009. OW2 Members Altic, Bull, eXo
Platform and Talend will be present on the exhibition floor. More...
- Project leaders: don't forget to check the new appliance facility made available to us by UShareSoft. For your code as an easy-to-install package, check this page.
- The 2009 edition of the O'Reilly Open Source Convention 2009, OSCON, will be held July 20-24, 2009 in San Jose, California. OW2 will be present. More...
- We will soon be launching a new community project aimed at helping members advertize internship opportunities. The objective is to help connect students and systems integrators or ISVs who use OW2 projects. Watch this space.