[OW2 Newsletter - March 2009 - From the OW2 Management Office]
MAKE A DATE TO ATTEND THE FIRST OW2 ANNUAL CONFERENCE!Two days at no cost to you to discover the enterprise software that will set you free and boost your efficiency: come and take part in the first OW2 Annual Conference, April 1-2, in Paris, held during the Solutions Linux trade show.Optimize your time: attending the first OW2 Annual Conference will also offer you the opportunity to visit the Solution Linux trade show, discover the latest developments in OW2's leading projects and get to talk with the developers themselves.Anticipate the future: come and discover how Ruby is evolving with lead Ruby language designer Yukihiro Matsumoto, and what's next in Java for the enterprise with Java EE 6 specification lead Roberto Chinnici.Broaden your knowledge: this year's program features over 30 presentations, speakers from Europe, Asia and the Americas, seven thematic sessions, four poster sessions and of course the "Best Use Case Award". And it's all free! Thanks to our sponsors, ANR, Bull, EBMWebsourcing, Engineering, eXo Platform, Ingres, INRIA, Orange Labs, and Xwiki, the conference is free of charge and open to all.Just one condition, you must register here. Make sure you select the "Cycle Spécifique OW2".
And if you run a website, blog or social networking page, please help us promote the conference by displaying the logo .
More information on the OW2 Annual Conference website.
look forward to seeing you in Paris.
03 Mar 09: JORAM 5.2.1 Released 02 Mar 09: SOFA2 release 0.6.0 (Posted by: mmalohlava)
19 Feb 09: XWiki Enterprise 1.8 Release Candidate 1 Released (Posted by: jvdrean)
19 Feb 09: XWiki Enterprise 1.7.2 Released (Posted by: jvdrean)
16 Feb 09: JOnAS 5.1.0 M3 available (Posted by: benoitf)
10 Feb 09: EasyBeans 1.1.0-M3 (Posted by: benoitf)
06 Feb 09: SAT4J 2.0.5 release (Posted by: leberre)
- The elections for Corporate Members and Individual Members representatives are now open. Please see this page for a reminder of the process.
- If you want to compete for the Best Use Case Award, submit your real-world Use Cases of OW2 components and platforms before March 13. Details here.
- All OW2 projects are eligible to take part in the poster session held alongside the conference program. Please see the call for poster; deadline for submission is March 16. Details here .
- The OW2 Europe Local Chapter is organizing an OW2 Germany Roadshow on March 24-25. Many thanks to Karlsruhe University and the Fraunhofer FOKUS Institute for their support in setting up this roadshow.
- The OW2 Project SpagoBI is a
sponsor of the OSBC conference (San Francisco, March 24-25) and
Gabriele Ruffatti, from Engineering and OW2 Board Member will take part
in the panel "Moving Open Source Up The Stack". More...
- The Europe Local Chapter has launched the OW2 Webinar Center. Some 20 sessions will be scheduled, between April and July, ranging from "OW2 Fractal Technologies" to "OSS Community Building". Register here .
- Make sure you register here to attend the Annual Conference.- Help promote the OW2 Annual Conference! Use the Promotion tools available here.
All details on the OW2 Annual Conference pages.
- The next Quarterly Meeting will take place in Paris on March 30-31, 2009. The OW2 General Assembly will be held on April 1 before the opening meeting of the OW2 Annual Conference.
Further to our discussions with the Chinese Scilab team, we are organizing a programming contest which should lead to an
award ceremony in China in October. The call for research subjects has
- The CoTer Club (IT for local government) will hold its 20th Congress in Strasbourg, France, June 16-17, 2009. OW2 Members Altic, Bull, eXo Platform and Talend will be present on the exhibiton floor. More...
- The organizers of LinuxTag, Berlin,
June 24-27, have kindly agreed to entrust the OW2 community with the organization of the "Enterprise development" track. The call for presentations was senton February 18. More...
- The 2009 edition of the O'Reilly Open Source Convention 2009, OSCON, will be held July 20-24, 2009 in San Jose, California. OW2 is currently evaluating the opportunity to share a booth with its members at OSCON 2009. More...