[OW2 Newsletter - February 2009 - From the OW2 Management Office]
OW2 Members, Dear All,
of all, thank you to all those of you who submitted presentations for
Annual Conference. You made this call a real success. We are now
able to to unveil the
program of our first OW2 Annual Conference "Open Source for
the Computing Infrastructure". It is my pleasure to introduce
our distinguished keynotes speakers: Yukihiro Matsumoto, Chief
Designer of the Ruby Programming Language and Roberto Chinnici,
Specification Lead for Java EE 6 at Sun Microsystems. This year's
program features over 30 presentations, speakers from Europe, Asia
and the Americas, seven thematic sessions, four poster sessions and
of course the "Best Use Case Award".
to our sponsors, you can now attend all this for FREE! We've got a
great program; all we need now is a great attendance. It is important
that you REGISTER
HERE NOW! And remember, it's in Paris, on April 1-2.
you've registered here,
we are counting on you, the community, to promote the OW2 Annual
Conference. Pass the word around! Everything you need to help us make
the event a success is on this promotion
in conjunction with the Solution
Linux trade show, the OW2 Annual Conference will benefit from
high visibility to thousands of visitors. Come and support this
unique community event: pods on the OW2 Village and sponsoring
opportunities are still available to help you invest your
marketing budget wisely. Please contact Catherine
this is your easy three-step package to show your support for the OW2
look forward to hearing from you soon.
(Call for dues) for the year 2009 were sent a month ago.
Fees have not changed, they are still as detailed on the site here. We would really appreciate if you could settle this as promptly as possible.
- Save the date:
the OW2 Annual Conference will take place April 1-2, 2009, in Paris,
France concurrently with Solutions Linux 2009, a major open source
tradeshow.- Register here - Choose your Sponsorship Opportunities here .- Get the Promotion tools here.
All details on the OW2 Annual Conference pages .
- The next Quarterly Meeting will take place in Paris on March 30-31, 2009. The OW2 General Assembly will be held on April 1 before the opening meeting of the OW2 Annual Conference.
- The election process for next Board of Directors will start on March 1 with the registration of candidates. The actual vote will start on April 3 after the General Assembly. Check the Board of Directors page for further details.
- A little help for our friends at Eclipse: EclipseCon 2009 will take place in Santa Clara, California, March 23-36. Registrations are open; go to this page.
- A little help for our friends (bis) at Openbravo who are organizing their Openbravo World Conference in Barcelona, April 17-19. Registration are open here .
- The Board of Directors agreed on OW2 signing "ligt" membership agreements with the following organizations: OSA (Friend of OSA), OSGi (Supporter Member) and FOSSBazaar (Associate Partner) as an expression of our support to their missions. OW2 Management Office is proceeding with the paperwork.
- The Europe Local Chapter will organize series of meetings to help boost membership in Europe. Two series of meetings are planned in Germany (March) and Spain (Q2 2009).
- Over the next few months we will undertake the migration to a new forge. The new forge, NovaForge, will allow for more distributed cooperation and better support of our global community.
- Further to the discussions we have had with the Chinese Scilab team, we will organize a programming contest which should lead to an award ceremony in China in October. The call for research subjects has been launched.
- LinuxTag 2009 will be held in Berlin,
June 24-25. This is the 14th edition of this major event and OW2 is
working with the organizers toward a broad presence of our projects.
OW2 was formally invited to participte in Congresso Internacional
Sociedade e Governo Eletrônico – CONSEGI 2009 organized by OW2 Strategic Member SERPRO
and SLTI in Brasilia, August 26-28.