As OW2 does not own the code-base of the project, no constraints or restrictions can be placed on the projects.
So we propose to introduce the notion of "OW2 Label" (name to be found). Something like OW2 community friendly, OW2 Citizen,...
This label could be obtain by Good OW2 Citizen projects.
They have to follow some rules (that the TC will decide upon) to get their stamp/ribbon.
Good OW2 Citizen should be promoted in some way:
- More visibility on the OW2 web site
- Right to display some kind of ribbon (just think of the github ribbon)
As I have an heavy Java-oriented background, some of the proposed rules are only applicable in a Java context.
- All packages of the project should start with org.ow2.<project>..
- This rules has to be extended everywhere it is applicable (XML Schema)
Source Code Availability
Project's source code should be hosted on the OW2 infrastructure.
Forge Services Usage
How much of the offered forge services the project is using ?
- Forge (file download, forge tracker, ...)
- Mailing lists
OW2 Web Site
The project has to provide a project web site accessible at<project>.ow2.org.
The project has to show the OW2 Logo on its homepage.
The project presents a roadmap (or multiple roadmaps if sub-parts of the project have different life-cycles).
The project has been presented (under the OW2 branding) at some conferences.
It's a little bit different of the 'services usage' section.
Here, the project is required to be developped on the OW2 infrastructure:
- Source reference repository hosted in OW2
- Binaries available primarily on OW2 servers
- Same for documentation
Releases Naming Scheme
While in the incubator, releases (produced with maven) should follow a special naming convention:
- ''-incubator'' has to be included in the version number
- Ex: 2.0-incubator
- Ex: 2.1.3-incubator-SNAPSHOT
Status on Expressed Synergies
When the project has been accepted in the incubator, it may have expressed some synergies with other projects.
We could check when the project want to transit to the mature state what is the state of theses synergies.
A report could be done. I think that a project that did effectively what it told us it would do, can gain some bonus points
Project dashboard can point to available reports (if available):