Intellectual Property management is a process used to handle IP issues.
Project must take care of their dependencies, in order to remain license compatible.
Each dependency of a project has its own license, project members have to make sure that they use the dependencies (linking, distribution, ...) within the bounds of the license.
For example, a LGPL3 project cannot depends on a
Another example: a LGPL project has the right to depends on an library.
- The code you commit in the project belongs to you (Author)
- OW2 do not hold copyright: no code ownership
- Each project is reponsible to handle IP cleanness in its own way
- OW2 only provides guidance
Contributor License Agreement
- CLA for individual contributor
- CCLA for contributions coming from employee during their work hours
- State that the contributed code is their own property
- May state that the contributed code will belongs to someone else (some entity behind the project)