November 27 - 29, 2012
Orange Labs, Paris-Issy-les-Moulineaux
The Open Source Alternative
November 27-29, 2012 Paris-Issy-les-Moulineaux
A unique opportunity to take part in the revolution that is changing the software industry.OW2con'12 keynote speakers include:
- Ali ATAYA, Lebanon E-Government Unit
- Alfonso CASTRO, Microsoft
- Patrick STARCK, Cloudwatt
- Mark WEITZEL, OpenSocial
- Jim WALKER, Hortonworks
- Alexandre ZAPOLSKI, Linagora
OW2 Consortium is pleased to announce the fourth edition of OW2con, an annual community event that brings together technology experts, software architects, IT developers, project managers and decision-makers from 50 countries around the world. This year’s flagship event will be held at Innovation Gardens within the FT-Orange R&D complex in Paris-Issy-les-Moulineaux. The conference will take place on Wednesday and Thursday, 28 – 29 November 2012.
Jeanne Le Garrec
Frederic Dang Tran
Goulven Le Jeune
First held in 2009, the OW2 Annual Conference has improved awareness of how resourceful and innovative the open source community is fast becoming. To this end, the two-day event will place an even greater emphasis on the quality of both the speakers and the hands-on workshop sessions, while allowing attendees plenty of opportunities to socialize with open source professionals in an informal atmosphere at the landmark venue.
While open source has always been the mainstream alternative to proprietary software, OW2 is fast becoming the leading open source organization throughout Europe and in Brazil and China. In addition to technical sessions, the OW2 annual conference includes social gatherings and networking opportunities. On the agenda at this year's conference will be an entirely new workshop on Big Data and the first-ever OW2 Projects Awards. In addition to these exciting innovations, OW2con'12 will feature Technical Round Tables organized by the OW2 Technology Council.
Themes during plenary meetings, roundtables and workshop sessions will cover a wide range of current topics, including middleware technologies, Business Intelligence, Big Data and open source Cloud Computing. OW2con'12 will also enable OW2 members including organizations and individuals to gain visibility on their initiatives and collaborative projects.
Moreover, OW2con'12 will provide a unique and stimulating setting for open source professionals to collaborate with counterparts from other countries on subjects high on the open source agenda. So if you have a keen interest in state-of-the-art independent open source software engineering and cloud computing technologies, reserve the big date on your calendar now.
OW2Con'12 will feature:
- Latest news on OW2 flagship projects and new projects presentations given by high level technology experts coming from Europe, Asia and the Americas;
- New contest for Best of Breed projects across five categories;
- Exhibition space for projects and sponsor demonstrations;
- Social events: Free Beer Party on the evening of November 28;
- New “Big Data” session;
- Speakers telling their Success Stories while demonstrating real world use case of OW2 components;
- Open Source Cloud Summit;
- Technical Round Tables in cooperation with the OW2 Technology Council;
- First results and milestones on the SQuAT initiative (Software Quality Assurance and Trustworthiness)
- Collaborative projects (European and French projects);
Ten great reasons to attend OW2con'12Can you afford to miss the experience? Just pick one of the ten great reasons (or even two!):
- Update your expertise with state of the art technology and OW2 projects presentations
- Show your support to the open source community (your very own long-term personal investment)
- Network and catch up with your peers
- Participate in the new OW2 Projects Awards
- Discover the future of open source cloud computing at the day-long summit on open source cloud computing
- Attend the special session on OW2’s quality program SQuAT (Software Quality and Trustworthiness)
- Get up to date on the strategic and business opportunities offered by open source
- Attend the new session "Big Data"
- Enjoy the now legendary OW2 beer party
- Learn from or take part in interactive sessions with several technical round tables
And it's free!Who should attend OW2Con'12?
For this fourth edition, we expect speakers and attendees from all over the world, with a particular focus on North America, Europe, China and Brazil. The OW2 Annual Conference is a gathering place for technology experts, software architects, developers, project managers and decision-makers who have the opportunity to verify the quality of the code base developed within the open source community. Open source strategists, technologists and entrepreneurs are also welcome to attend, share their experiences and network with their peers.