The Open Source Alternative
November 28-29, 2012 Paris
A unique opportunity to take part in the revolution that is changing the software industry.
OW2 Consortium is pleased to announce the fourth edition of OW2con, an annual summit that is expected to bring together more than 200 open source professionals from 50 countries around the world. This year’s flagship event will be held at Innovation Gardens within the FT-Orange R&D complex in Issy les Moulineaux, Paris. The conference will take place on Wednesday and Thursday, 28 – 29 November 2012.
First held in 2009, OW2con has evolved into a high-level event with an agenda designed by
open source leaders for
open source leaders. This fourth edition of the OW2 Annual Conference is expected to confirm and improve upon the successes of the three previous editions. The two-day event will feature top-quality speakers, hands-on workshop sessions, and plenty of opportunity to socialize with other open source professionals in an informal atmosphere.
Themes during this year’s plenary meetings, roundtables and workshop sessions will cover a wide range of topics, including middleware technologies, Big Data, Business Intelligence, and open source Cloud Computing. Moreover, OW2con'12 will provide a unique and stimulating setting for open source professionals to collaborate with their counterparts from other countries on subjects high on the open source agenda.
OW2con'12 will enable OW2 members including organizations and individuals to gain far more visibility on their initiatives and collaborative projects than ever before. So if you have an interest in state-of-the-art independent open source software engineering and cloud computing technologies, you will want to mark this flagship event on your calendar.
On the agenda for this year's conference will be an entirely new workshop on Big Data. OW2con'12 will also be more attractive and interactive with the organization of technical round tables, as well as a unique new award series. And in addition to technical sessions, the OW2 annual conference will include social gatherings and networking opportunities.OW2Con 2012 will feature:
- Latest news on OW2 flagship projects and new projects presentations given by high level technology experts coming from Europe, Asia and the Americas;
- New contest for Best of Breed projects across five categories;
- Exhibition space for projects and sponsor demonstrations;
- Social events: Free Beer Party in the evening of November 28;
- A new “Big Data” session;
- Speakers on Success Stories that demonstrate real world use case of OW2 components;
- Open Source Cloud Summit and round table;
- Technical Round tables set up in cooperation with the OW2 Technology Council;
- First results and milestones on the SQuAT initiative (Software Quality Assurance and Trustworthiness)
- Collaborative projects (European and French projects);
Ten good reasons to attend OW2con
Can you afford to miss the experience?
Here are 10 great reasons to attend; just pick one (or even two!):
- Update your expertise with state of the art technology and OW2 projects presentations
- Show your support to the open source community (your very own long-term personal investment)
- Network and catch up with your peers
- Participate in the new OW2con awards contest
- Discover the future of open source cloud computing at the day-long summit on open source cloud computing
- Attend the special session on OW2’s quality program SQuAT (Software Quality and Trustworthiness)
- Get up to date on the strategic and business opportunities offered by open source
- Attend the new session "Big Data"
- Enjoy the now legendary OW2 beer party
- Learn from or take part in interactive sessions with several technical round tables
And it's free!Who should attend OW2Con 2012?
We are expecting for this new edition even more speakers and attendees from all over the world, with a particular focus on USA, Europe, China and Brazil. The OW2 Annual Conference is gathering technology experts (software architects, developers) but also project managers and decision-makers who get there the opportunity to verify the quality of the code base developed within the open source community.. Open source strategists, technologists and entrepreneurs are welcome to attend, share their experiences and network with peers.
Over 200 attendees are expected for the fourth edition of the OW2 Annual Conference.