|November, 28-29, 2012|
Orange Labs, Paris Issy les Moulineaux
Open Source: the Innovation Drive
November 28-29, Paris, France
Ten good reasons to attend OW2con
Can you afford to miss the experience?
Here are 10 great reasons to attend; just pick one (or even two!):
- Update your expertise with state of the art technology and OW2 projects presentations
2. Show your support to the open source community (your very own long-term personal investment)
3. Network and catch up with your peers
4. Attend two world-class keynote addresses by Rainer Zimmermann (European Commission) and Stephan Hadinger (Orange Business Services)
5. Discover the future of open source cloud computing at the day-long summit on open source cloud computing
6. Attend the special session on OW2’s quality program SQuAT (Software Quality and Trustworthiness)
7. Attend the first Open Source Innovation catalyst track organized by IRILL
8. Share the experience through a unique selection of case studies on deployment of open source solutions
9. Enjoy the now legendary OW2 pizza and beer parties
10. Get up to date on the strategic and business opportunities offered by open source
And it's free!
A unique opportunity to take part in the revolution that is changing the software industry.
OW2 Consortium proudly announces the fifth edition of OW2con, an annual summit that is expected to bring together more than 200 open source professionals from 50 countries around the world. This year’s flagship event will be held at Innovation Gardens within the FT-Orange R&D complex in Issy les Moulineaux (Paris suburb).The conference will take place on Wednesday and Thursday, 28 – 29 November 2012.
First held in 2007, OW2con has evolved into a high-level event with an agenda designed by open source leaders for open source leaders. This year’s agenda will be no different. The conference will feature top-quality speakers, hands-on workshop sessions, and plenty of opportunity to socialize with other open source professionals in an informal atmosphere.
Themes during this year’s plenary meetings, roundtables and workshop sessions will cover a wide range of topics, including middleware technologies, Big Data, Business Intelligence, and Cloud Computing. Moreover, OW2con will provide a unique and stimulating setting for open source professionals to work with their counterparts from other countries on subjects high on the open source agenda.
OW2Con 2011 will feature:
- Keynote addresses: gathering both technology experts and institutional invited speakers;
- Exhibition space for projects and sponsor demonstrations;
- Social event: Free Beer Party on Nov. 23 evening;
- The Open Source Cloud Summit;
- The "SQuAT" Session (Software Quality Assurance and Trustworthiness);
- Round tables;
- Collaborative projects (European and French projects);
- Several thematic sessions with over 30 presentations and speakers from Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Who should attend OW2Con 2011?
We are expecting for this new edition even more speakers and attendees from all over the world, with a particular focus on USA, Europe, China and Brazil. As a novelty for this year, OW2 is expanding its relationship with Tunisia and Africa in general and is expecting potential speakers and keynotes coming from there. The OW2 Annual Conference is gathering technology experts (software architects, developers) but also managers and decision-makers. Open source strategists, technologists and entrepreneurs are welcome to attend, share their experiences and network with peers.
The OW2 Annual Conference is an opportunity to network with key open source industry leaders and broaden your technical knowledge. Benefit from high technical expertise and acquire a deep understanding of advanced middleware technologies. Discover the latest technology trends, exchange around the involvement done by the community towards an open and interoperable cloud through the Open Source Cloudware Initiative (OSCi).
Over 200 attendees are expected for the fourth edition of the OW2 Annual Conference.