OW2Con 2012 - Call for Presentations
OW2 Consortium invites presentation proposals from qualified experts who meet the consortium’s criteria for motivating open source professionals to excel professionally and improve technical performance.
June 30, 2012 is the deadline for speaker proposals for OW2con 2012. The annual summit takes place at Innovation Gardens within the FT-Orange R&D complex in Issy les Moulineaux (Paris suburb) on Wednesday – Thursday, 28 – 29 November 2012. Please take the time to review the following details and requirements so that you will have the best chance to be selected.
Conference Details: OW2Con 2012 will feature the latest innovations and new technologies in the open source middleware and open source cloud computing areas. Launched in 2007, OW2Con has evolved into an international high-technology event, featuring two days of project demonstrations and presentations, open source initiatives and follow-ups, business presentations and panel discussions.
Speaker Requirements: You are an experienced technology expert from the open source community. You are a project leader, a project contributor, a project manager in charge of component deployments within the OW2 Consortium, or a researcher. You are expected to support a wide diversity of perspectives from all fields and disciplines relating to open source middleware and open source cloud computing.
Speaker Proposals Should Come from these Technologies:
· Middleware in Action: Technology presentations based on OW2 projects. Presentations can be possibly jointly given by two or more project leaders working together. The aim is to highlight interactions between OW2 projects and show how OW2 components are used simultaneously. Project presentations should include not only technical explanations, but also project demonstrations and feedback from end-users.
· OW2 Open Source Cloudware Initiative: Presentations related to open source cloud computing, proposed by members participating in the OSCi Initiative; external participants are welcome to send their proposals for consideration; Technical- and business-oriented proposals will also be considered.
· OW2 Business Intelligence Initiative: Presentations proposed by participants and project leaders from the OW2 Business Intelligence Initiative. Technical- and business-oriented proposals will also be considered.
· Round Tables on Technology: Please submit your topic by filling in a text box.
· Big Data: With a vast amount of data now available, modern businesses are faced with the challenge of dissecting and making sense of this information to enhance company performance and achieve more effective CRM. Senior executives are now more aware of the need for investment in big data practices; hence, data scientists can play a key role in policy planning. Big data represents the confluence of three technology trends:
ü Big transaction data: Massive growth of transaction data volumes,
ü Big interaction data: Explosion of new types of data such as social media and portable device data,
ü Big data processing: Highly scalable processing.
· Real world Use Cases: Based on components and platforms used within OW2; Production of projects by end-users within OW2; Solutions by systems integrators deployed within OW2; Integration of OW2 projects in commercial offerings.
· Innovations: Topics that showcase OW2 Middleware in Action or OW2 Computing in the Cloud will be considered.
· Outliers: Proposals outside the list of sessions or submitted by participants outside the open source community will also be considered.
How to submit your presentation proposal: Please send an email to Management-Office AT OW2.org providing the following information:
1.Your full name, title and organization
2. Contact information, including your postal address
3. The name of your proposed presentation (keep your title simple and relevant to the topic)
4. The category of your proposed presentation (Technical Presentation, Initiative, Use Case)
5. A 250-word abstract of your presentation
6. A 200-word speaker bio.
Note: Submissions should be written in English; all presentations are to be given in English.
Deadline to submit your proposals: June 30, 2012.
|OW2 Annual Conference 2012|
November 23-24, 2011
Orange Labs, Paris Issy les Moulineaux Paris, France
Event: Solutions Linux
Registering is not available:
go back to OW2con2012