OW2Con 2012 - Call for Presentations
OW2 Annual Conference 2012
November 23-24, 2011
Orange Labs, Paris Issy les Moulineaux Paris, France
OW2 Consortium invites presentation proposals from qualified experts who meet the consortium’s criteria for motivating open source professionals to excel professionally and improve technical performance.
June 30, 2012 is the deadline for speaker proposals for OW2con 2012. Please take the time to review the following details and requirements so that you will have the best chance to be selected. Then use the online form available below to submit your presentation.
OW2Con 2012 will feature the latest innovations and new technologies in the open source middleware and open source cloud computing areas. Launched in 2009, OW2Con has evolved into an international high-technology event, featuring two days of project demonstrations and presentations, open source initiatives and follow-ups, business presentations and panel discussions.
Speaker Requirements: You are an experienced technology expert from the open source community. You are a project leader, a project contributor, a project manager in charge of component deployments within the OW2 Consortium, or a researcher. You are expected to support a wide diversity of perspectives from all fields and disciplines relating to open source middleware and open source cloud computing.
Speaker proposals should fit with one of those topics:
· Project Spotlight: Technology presentations based on OW2 projects ;latest news on OW2 flagship projects and new projects presentations.
. Joint Projects presentations: Presentations given jointly by two or more project leaders working together. The aim is to highlight interactions between OW2 projects and show how OW2 components are used simultaneously. Cooperations between OW2 and external projects are accepted. Project presentations should include not only technical explanations, but also project demonstrations and feedback from end-users.
· Open Source Cloud Summit: Presentations related to open source cloud computing, proposed by members participating in the OSCi Initiative; external participants are welcome to send their proposals for consideration; Technical- and business-oriented proposals will also be considered.
· Big Data: ( TEXT TO BE REWORKED)With a vast amount of data now available, modern businesses are faced with the challenge of dissecting and making sense of this information to enhance company performance and achieve more effective CRM. Senior executives are now more aware of the need for investment in big data practices; hence, data scientists can play a key role in policy planning. Big data represents the confluence of three technology trends:
ü Big transaction data: Massive growth of transaction data volumes,
ü Big interaction data: Explosion of new types of data such as social media and portable device data,
ü Big data processing: Highly scalable processing.
. Quality of the OW2 Source Code: The SQUaT (Software Quality Assurance and Trustworthiness ) initiative has been launched in 2010 by OW2 in order to improve the perceived quality of the code which is downloaded from OW2. Presentations in this track should focus on the tools proposed to help projects produce reports on the quality of the code.
· Real world Use Cases and Success Stories: Based on components and platforms used within OW2; Production of projects by end-users within OW2; Solutions by systems integrators deployed within OW2; Integration of OW2 projects in commercial offerings.
· Others: Proposals outside the list of sessions or submitted by participants outside the open source community will also be considered.
How to submit your presentation proposal: Please fill in the submission form below before June 30, 2012.
Event: Solutions Linux
Registering is not available:
go back to OW2con2012