|November, 23-24, 2011|
Orange Labs, Paris Issy les Moulineaux
Open Source: the Innovation Drive
November 23-24, Paris, France
Ten good reasons to attend OW2con
Can you afford to miss the experience?
Here are 10 great reasons to attend; just pick one (or even two!):
- Update your expertise with state of the art technology and OW2 projects presentations
2. Show your support to the open source community (your very own long-term personal investment)
3. Network and catch up with your peers
4. Attend two world-class keynote addresses by Rainer Zimmermann (European Commission) and Stephan Hadinger (Orange Business Services)
5. Discover the future of open source cloud computing at the day-long summit on open source cloud computing
6. Attend the special session on OW2’s quality program SQuAT (Software Quality and Trustworthiness)
7. Attend the first Open Source Innovation catalyst track organized by IRILL
8. Share the experience through a unique selection of case studies on deployment of open source solutions
9. Enjoy the now legendary OW2 pizza and beer parties
10. Get up to date on the strategic and business opportunities offered by open source
And it's free!
A unique opportunity to take part in the revolution that is changing the software industry.
Following the success of the 2009 and 2010 editions, OW2Con 2011 will be held November 23-24 at Orange Labs' innovative and professional conference site "Issy Innovation Gardens" in Paris-Issy-Les-Moulineaux.
The event will offer two days of high-level technical presentations around open source middleware technologies and generic applications. This will be a unique opportunity for attendees and sponsors of the event to meet with peers and network with the international open source community at large. The program includes technical and business presentations, all sessions will take place in English language. Parallel sessions (BoFs, side events, third parties projects) will complete the program. Among the main novelties that will be included in the OW2Con 2011 program, the "SQUAT" project (Software Quality Assurance and Trustworthiness) is a major one. Unique program of this kind, SQuAT has the aim to improve the quality of code by generalizing quality tests on OW2 technologies and setting up a quality label. Additionally, one year after the launch of the Open Source Cloudware Initiative and the involvement in current or future collaborative projects, OW2 has reaffirmed its position as a main actor in the open source cloud computing area that will be demonstrated during the conference.
OW2Con 2011 will feature:
- Keynote addresses: gathering both technology experts and institutional invited speakers;
- Exhibition space for projects and sponsor demonstrations;
- Social event: Free Beer Party on Nov. 23 evening;
- The Open Source Cloud Summit;
- The "SQuAT" Session (Software Quality Assurance and Trustworthiness);
- Round tables;
- Collaborative projects (European and French projects);
- Several thematic sessions with over 30 presentations and speakers from Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Who should attend OW2Con 2011?
We are expecting for this new edition even more speakers and attendees from all over the world, with a particular focus on USA, Europe, China and Brazil. As a novelty for this year, OW2 is expanding its relationship with Tunisia and Africa in general and is expecting potential speakers and keynotes coming from there. The OW2 Annual Conference is gathering technology experts (software architects, developers) but also managers and decision-makers. Open source strategists, technologists and entrepreneurs are welcome to attend, share their experiences and network with peers.
The OW2 Annual Conference is an opportunity to network with key open source industry leaders and broaden your technical knowledge. Benefit from high technical expertise and acquire a deep understanding of advanced middleware technologies. Discover the latest technology trends, exchange around the involvement done by the community towards an open and interoperable cloud through the Open Source Cloudware Initiative (OSCi).
Over 200 attendees are expected for the third edition of the OW2 Annual Conference.