OW2 Fees FAQ
Last modified byon 2010/01/15 15:04
OW2 Fees FAQ
- Has OW2 recently changed its fees?
- Yes. OW2 was launched in 2007 and the fees that were decided then have been current over the 2007-2009 period. A new fee structure has been decided for the 2010-2012 period.
- How was the change decided?
- When we first started working on the 2010 budget, mid-2009, it soon appeared that the then-current fee structure was not sustainable. A new fee structure was proposed by the CEO and discussed at Board level. On January 2010, the board voted te new fee structure unanimously.
- Why have you increased the fees?
- The previous fee structure supposed a strong in-kind contribution from the membership. In-kind contribution is very problematic to implement, to evaluate and to manage. The fee increase aims at providing the Management Office with sufficient and predictable resources.
- Isn't there a risk of membership attrition?
- There is a risk indeed, it was not an easy decision to make but the alternative was to "rightsize" the consortium.
- Won't the new fee structure slow membership growth?
- We do not think so. Of course low fees always facilitate the recruitment of new members but we felt interest for OW2 was growing in all geographies and we believe the new fee structure does not jeopardize membership growth..
Joinindustry leaders, academics and individuals and help shape the future of middleware