OW2 Programming Contest 2011
OW2 Programming Contest 2010
Award Ceremony: October 13-14, 2011
University of Science and Technology, Beijing, China
IntroductionOnce again in 2011, OW2 and are organizing a . This year, the event will be part of the . The Contest ceremony will be held in October 13-14 at the , in Beijing, China.
Competition PurposesThe purpose of the competition is to develop awareness for the OW2 code base among students and technicians, and to provide an opportunity for contestants to demonstrate their talent in computer programming. What's more, the contest aims at promoting teamwork and the ability of college students in science and technology to study and use OW2 open source projects. Based on principles of "freedom, sharing and creativity", and aiming at improving international communication and cooperation, the competition is overseen by IT professionals and academics from Europe and China.
Rules of Contest
EligibilityAcademic staff and students of university and research institute, engineers of industrial and business organizations, and all other professionals.
RegistrationParticipants should select a topic among the list of topics provided for the OW2 contest (under construction). Once they have selected a topic, they should go to the Registration page for registration instructions.
- Participants can select a topic in the list provided on the OW2 Contest webpage.
- After registration, participants are encouraged to get in touch with the topic contact, and exchange information on the corresponding project mailing list.
- The software will be developed using the . It should include appropriate documentation for installing and running the software, as well as examples and tests. The language for code comments and documentation should be English.
Award SelectionThe Award Selection process includes three stages:
- Shortlist of entries by an Expert Team.
- Peer-evaluation on the Internet, and.
- Final selection by French and Chinese Scientists.
- (extended) Deadline for topics submission: April 2, 2011
- Deadline of registration: June 15, 2011
* Deadline for code submission: September 10, 2011
- Award conference at University of Science and Technology Beijing: October 13-14, 2011