Call for Participation to the OW2 2010 Annual Conference
Last modified byon 2010/06/14 12:36
Call for Participation to the OW2 2010 Annual ConferenceOW2 Annual Conference
November 24-25, 2010
Deadline to submit: Friday September 10th, 2010. As OW2 becomes an important player in open source software for the industry, its annual conference is a unique opportunity for professionals to discover, learn and exchange on middleware, open source software and open source cloud. As a professional, you are invited to submit a proposal in one of the following categories:
- Tutorials (2,5 hours)
- Conference presentations (30 minutes)
1. TutorialsTutorials session will enable attendees to aquire a deep understanding of Java EE techniques and advanced middleware technologies. Tutorials will be 2,5 hours long and include a mix of lectures, demos and hands-on. Tutorials Sessions will take place on wednesday 25, morning and thursday 26 all morning and afternoon.
2. Conference SessionThe conference session is dedicated to show member's activities to foster a vibrant community. Presentations in this session can be focused on:
2.1 Joint project presentations:
Projects should be jointly presented by two projects working together and including ideally one customer testimony. Aim is to highlight interactions between OW2 projects, and to show how OW2 components are used together. Project presentations should include not only technical explanations, but also one project demonstration and short feed-back from end-users.
Presentations related to initiatives of the OW2 Community, mainly the Open Source Cloudware (OSCi)and the Business Intelligence Initiative . Both technical or business oriented proposals are accepted._
2.3 Success Stories:
Real world Use Cases of OW2 components and platforms:
. Production use of OW2 projects by end-users;
. Systems integrators solutions deployed with OW2 projects;
. Integration of OW2 projects in commercial offerings.
Other proposals on topics of interest that showcase "OW2 Middleware in action" are also welcome.
To submit a proposal, please send an email to management-office AT OW2.org. Proposals should be sent before September 10, 2010. 1.Your full name, title, and organization 2. Contact information, including your address 3. The name of your proposed session (keep your title simple and relevant to the topic) 4. The category of the intended presentation (Tutorial or conference).
- For the conference please precise: Joint project, Initiative, Succes Story/ Use Case, Others.
- For the tutorials session: please precise the audience and prerequisites.