OW2 Programming Contest 2009
OW2 Programming Contest
Award Ceremony: September 18-20, 2009
Guiyang, Guizhou province, China
Latest news19 September 2009: See the announced in Guiyang at the ceremony. 25 August 2009: The final list of participant teams can be found . The deadline for registration has been extended to 15 July 2009. As of 31 May 2009, to take part in the OW2 Programming Contest.
IntroductionOW2 and are organizing a in 2009. Please use the OW2 Programming Contest brochure to promote the Programming Contest around you and register ! The Contest ceremony will be held in September 18-20, 2009, in Tianjiabing Building multifunctional conference centre of , Guiyang, city of forest, the capital of Guizhou province, located amid the inland southeastern area, China Excellent City of Tourism.
Competition PurposesThe competition is sponsored for students and technicians to improve the ability to study and manage OW2 middleware, and it can also provide an opportunity and a stage to express your own talent in computer programming. What's more, it is a competition that exhibits the demeanor of college students in science and technology and enhance the intercommunication and cooperation of own college student with one another. The competition advocates the time spirit of "freedom, share and creation". This competition campaign is conducted by the technicians from France and China, and the main target of the competition is to improve the communication and cooperation between two countries.
Rules of Contest
EligibilityAcademic staff and students of university and research institute, engineers of industrial and business organizations, and all other professionals.
RegistrationParticipants should select a topic among the provided for the OW2 contest (under construction). Once they have selected a topic, they should go to the for registration instructions.
- Participants can select a topic in the list provided on the OW2 Contest webpage.
- After registration, participants are encouraged to get in touch with the topic contact, and exchange information on the corresponding project mailing list.
- The software will be developed using the . It should include appropriate documentation for installing and running the software, as well as examples and tests. The language for code comments and documentation should be English.
Award SelectionThe Award Selection process includes three stages:
- Shortlist of entries by an Expert Team.
- Peer-evaluation on the Internet, and.
- Final selection by French and Chinese Scientists.
- First prize: a maximum of one students will be invited to visit the OW2 team for one week or 20 000 RMB prize.
- Second prize: up to FIVE awards will be given. (Each Award: Internship in Intervision, CVIC SE or Guangdong Middleware).
- Third prize: up to TEN awards will be given. (Each Award: RMB 500).
|Goulven LE JEUNE||France|
|Petr TUMA||Czech Rep.|
|Miguel VALDEZ FAURA||France|
- Deadline of registration: extended to July 15, 2009
- Deadline of work submission: Aug. 25, 2009
- Deadline of workshop submission: coming soon