Once again in 2010, OW2 and Scilab
are organizing a joint open source
programming contest. The purpose of the competition is to develop
awareness for the OW2 code base among students and technicians, and to
provide an opportunity for contestants to demonstrate their talent in computer
programming. What's more, the contest aims at promoting teamwork and the
ability of college students in science and technology to study and use OW2
open source projects. Based on principles of "freedom, sharing and creativity",
and aiming at improving international communication and cooperation, the
competition is overseen by IT professionals and academics from Europe and
This year, as a unique complement to the programming contest, a corporate
networking event is organized for sponsors and their guests with the theme:
Open Source, Open for Business.
- March 1st Contest Launch
- March 26th Deadline for topic submission
- May 31th Deadline for registration
- Aug 25th Deadline for code submission
- Sep. 15th Contest results announced
- Sep. 23th Corporate networking event
- Sep. 24-26 Award conference Ningxia University
Call for topics
Project leaders are kindly requested to submit their contests topics now.
This year we are looking for two categories of topics:
We would be grateful if you could send your topic proposal by 26 March (deadline extended) to email@example.com with the following information:
- topics for masters and PhD students, similar to last year's
- simpler, shorter topics for undergraduate students
- Keywords, project:
- Description: (max 5 lines)
- Project contact person(s) and e-mail(s):
- Estimated workload (in man month):
- Topic type (undergrad versus mater/PhD):
Sponsoring the OW2 programming contest offers a great opportunity for visibility and exposure to the global open source community at competitive and affordable rates.
Develop your brand and relationship with the OW2 open source community and ecosystem. Download the sponsorship prospectus.