Competition PurposesThe purpose of the competition is to develop awareness for the OW2 code base among students and technicians, and to provide an opportunity for contestants to demonstrate their talent in computer programming. What's more, the contest aims at promoting teamwork and the ability of college students in science and technology to study and use OW2 open source projects. Based on principles of "freedom, sharing and creativity", and aiming at developing international communication and cooperation, the competition is overseen by IT professionals and academics from around the world.
Rules of Contest
EligibilityAcademic staff and students of university and research institute, engineers of industrial and business organizations, and all other professionals.
RegistrationParticipants should select a topic among the for the OW2 contest. Once they have selected a topic, they should go to the for registration instructions.
- Participants can select a topic in the list provided on the OW2 Contest webpage.
Award SelectionThe Award Selection process includes three stages:
- Shortlist of entries by an Expert Team,
- Peer-evaluation on the Internet, and,
- Final selection by the OW2 Technology Council.
Internet will be made by the contest topic contacts. Finally, the selection team will decide on the
awards to be given, taking into consideration the results of the first and second stages.
- First prize: one award will be given (RMB 10 000 or a return flight to Beijing and five nights accomodation).
- Second prize: up to FIVE awards will be given. (Each Award: a netbook).
- Third prize: up to TEN awards will be given. (Each Award: external 1TB hard drive).