November 23-24, 2011
About OW2Con 2011Following the successes of the 2009 and 2010 edition of OW2 Annual Conferences, we are very pleased to launch now the OW2Con 2011, that will take place on November 23 and 24 in the innovative and professional conference site of Orange Labs "Issy Innovation Garden".
The event will offer two days of high level technical presentation around open source middleware technologies and generic applications. This will be a unique opportunity for attendees and sponsors of the event to meet with peers and network with the international open source community at large. All sessions will take place in english language, including technical and business presentations, and featuring the OW2 Open Source Cloudware Initiative. Parallel sessions (BoFs, and side events, third parties projects) will complete the program. Among the main novelties that will be included in OW2Con 2011 program, the major one is the « SQUAT » project (Software Quality Assurance and Trustworthiness) is a major one. Unique program of this kind, SQUAT has the aim to improve the quality of code by generalizing quality tests on OW2 technologies and setting up a quality label. Additionnally, one year after the launch of the Open Source Cloudware Initiative and the involvment in current or future collaborative projects, OW2 has reaffirmed its position as a main actor in the open source cloud computing area that will be demonstrated during the conference. OW2Con 2011 will feature:
- Keynote addresses
- Exhibition space for project and sponsor demonstrations
- Social event: Free Beer Party on Nov. 23 evening
- The Open Source Cloud Summit
- The "SQUAT" Session (Software Quality Assurance and Trustworthiness)
- Round tables
- Collaborative projects (European or French projects)
- Several thematic sessions with over 30 presentations, with speakers from Europe, Asia and the Americas
We are expecting for this new edition even more speakers and attendees from all over the world, with a particular focus on USA, Europe, China and Brazil. As a novelty for this year, OW2 is expanding its relationship with Tunisia and Africa in general and is expecting potential speakers and keynotes coming from there. The OW2 Annual Conference is gathering in technology experts (software architects, developers)but also managers and decision-makers. Open source strategists, technologists and entrepreneurs are welcome to attend, share their experiences and network with peers. Why attend?
OW2 Annual Conference is an opportunity to network with key open source industry leaders and broaden your technical knowledge. Benefit from high technical expertise and acquire a deep understanding of advanced middleware technologies. Discover the latest technology trends, exchange around the involvment done by the community towards an open and interoperable cloud through the Cloudware Initiative (OSCi).
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONSAt OW2Con 2011, we will present the latest innovations and new technologies in the open source middleware area. The OW2Con is an international high-technology event, featuring two days of project demonstrations and presentations, open source initiatives and business presentations. Invited guest open source speakers will complete the program. The program will feature:
- High level technology presentation based on OW2 middleware technologies
- Keynote addresses: gathering both technology experts and institutional invited speakers.
- The Open Source Cloud Summit: providing status and roadmap from the OW2 Open Source Cloudware Initiative (OSCi)in addition to presentations given by invited third parties.
- SQUAT (Software Quality Assurance and Trustworthiness)Session: SQUAT has the aim to improve the quality of code by generalizing quality tests on OW2 technologies and setting up a quality label.
- Collaborative projects: Presentations of European and French projects where OW2 in involved - CompatibleOne, CHOReOS, Magellan, CloudForce.
Please send an email to Management-Office AT OW2.org providing the following information:
- Your full name, title and organization