OW2 QUARTERLY MEETING September 13/14, 2007 Neuchatel, Switzerland
The next OW2 Quarterly Meeting will take place on September 13-14, 2007, in Red Hat offices in Neuchatel, Switzerland.
Red Hat (Switzerland) Place NumaDroz 2,
Thursday, 13 September:
- 09:30AM - 12:30AM : Meetings of the Technology and Ecosystem Councils.(Audio phone conference numbers :+33 1 72 80 75 97 for the technology Council and +33 1 72 12 29 69 for the Ecosystem Council)
- 02:00 PM - 05:00PM : Plenary Session:
1. 02:00 - 02:15pm : Introduction, by Cédric Thomas, OW2 CEO
2. 02:15 - 02:45pm : Dysoweb / A plateform for dynamic and modular deployment of web applications , by Pierre Dubois, Download the presentation
Abstract: Dysoweb is a new OW2 project.
Based on an OSGi platform, Dysoweb offers an answer to the growing need
for dynamic and modular web applications.Dysoweb runs on a standard
container such as Tomcat and can be used to create complete web
applications based on servlet specification 2.4 or more using servlets,
filters, taglibs and JSP.
Dysoweb applications are OSGi bundles, offering modularity and dynamicity of a typical OSGi platform.
The solutions created using Dysoweb are built upon modular services that can be deployed, started, stopped and removed dynamically and also that can run on a standard container as a standard Web application.
3. 02:45 - 03:15pm : Orchestra and Bonita lasts versions, by Goulven Le Jeune, Bull - Download the presentation
4. 03:15 -03:45 pm: Presentation of the OW2 reference platform, by Gael Blondelle, EBM WebSourcing
5. 03:45 - 04:00pm : Break
6. 04:00 - 04:30pm : OW2 forge migration status and evolution, by Jacques Cayuela, Bull
Abstract : This session will present the current status of the OW2 Platform and the new generation of tools that the platform will provide.
7. 04:30 - 05:00pm: Portal 2.0, How eXo webOS is changing the UI of portals, by Jeremi Joslin, eXo Platform. Presentation available at:
Abstract : This session will present the evolution of portals; in what portals are changing, and need to change. It will be followed by a demo of eXO Enterprise WebOS and the new features available.
8. 05:00 - 05:30pm: JOnAS 5 makes clustering easy , by Jacques Cayuela, Bull Download the presentation
Abstract : this session will give an overview of the next JOnAS 5 clustering solution. At first, a new version of the CMI protocol is presented with a focus on its innovative features such as the support of both EJB2 and EJB3, its dynamic behavior enabling to modify at the runtime the load balancing parameters without interruption of the service, and the large scale deployment support with a reduced API at the client side. Secondly some improvements in the management field will be discussed such as the cluster daemon monitoring and management and the new discovery service built on top of JGroups.
Evening : Social event (dinner) - Brasserie le Cardinal - Seyon 9 - CH - 2000 Neuchatel
Friday, 14 September :
- 09:00AM - 04:00PM : Meeting of the OW2 Board of Directors (Phone conference number : +33 1 72 80 75 97)
- Chairman?s Welcome Remarks
3. Agenda review
4. Approval of Agenda
5. Introduction of new Directors
6. Minutes of the previous meeting
7. Business arising from the minutes
8. CEO Report and Board discussion
9. OW2 Participation in NESSI
10. Chairman?s Concluding Comments
11. Other business
PRACTICAL INFORMATION (transport and hotels list) to organize your venue are available here : PDF
Remark : The electric plugs in Switzerland are specific, then please bring an adaptor if you have one.
Please note that few rooms have been pre-booked in the Beaulac Hotel (very close from Red Hat office, single room : 108 ?). Thursday, 13 September