of the Software Freedom Law Center has kindly agreed to organize a meeting between Eben Moglen
, Executive Director of the SFLC, and "one of the world's most experienced GPL enforcers
", and OW2 Members.
This meeting took place in Paris, France, on Thursday, June 5, 2-4pm, on the premisses of the Sopinspace company. Were attending:
- Pierre-Yves Gibello (Experlog - OW2 Board Member)
- Emmanuel Paret (FT - OW2 Strategic Member)
- Olivier Thirard (FT - OW2 Strategic Member)
- Bernard Lang (INRIA - OW2 Strategic Member)
- Gabriele Ruffatti (Engineering - OW2 Strategic Member - OW2 Board Member)
- Jean-Marie Chauvet (Venture Capitalist, Analyst - and OW2 Individual Member)
- Cedric Thomas (OW2 CEO)
Already a couple of reviews by Pierre-Yves Gibello
et Jean-Marie Chauvet
The meeting touched on several key IP issues relevant to the OW2 community. Here is a short synthesis
based on my (CT) own notes, those of Pierre-Yves Gibello and Jean-Marie Chauvet, and a debriefing conference call with Pierre-Yves and Emmanuel Paret of Orange Group.