13th Forum Internacional Software Livre
July 25-28, 2012
Porte Alegre, Brazil
About OW2 presence at FISL
OW2 will submit to FISL conference team a list of presentation proposals.
- Automating web services deploy on the cloud, Leonardo Leite, USP
* The changing nature of open source, Cedric Thomas, OW2
* Sugar CRM, John Mertic, SugarCRM (cancelled)
- SpagoBI, Miguel Koren O'Brien de Lacy, Konsultex (speaker tbc)
* eXo Platform (tbc)
* SlapOS, Nexedi (tbc)
* CompatibleOne project, Cédric Thomas, OW2, second speaker tbc (confirmed)
* BonitaSoft, presented by 4Linux (tbc)
List to be completed progressively.
Read more about FISL Conference
- OW2 in the exhibition: OW2 is evaluating the opportunity to exhibit there again and possibly share a booth with local members.
: The creator of the Free Software Movement Richard Stallman will officially launch the 13th Edition of the International Free Software Forum in June, 4, at 2:30 PM at the Palacio Piratini, headquarters of the Rio Grande do Sul State. Stallman will be at Porto Alegre for the debate "Freedom in the digital society" with governor Tarso Genro, to celebrate the first year of functioning of the Governor´s Digital Office, 40 years of the RS Data Processing Company (Procergs), 25 years of the State Secretariat of Science and Technology (SCIT) and 70 years of the Foundation for Science and Technology (Cientec).
The event will also demonstrate the commitment of the State Government with the Free Software Use Policy and with freedom in the Internet. richard Stallman is known as the father of the free software movement. In 1983 he created the GNU Project in the United States, aimed at creating a completely free operating system, that anyone could use, study, modify and redistribute. He is also the founder of the Free Software foundation and currently he dedicates to popularise the ideals of freedom and free software in the world. The Internet freedom activist Marcelo Branco was invited to speak about those issues in the Brazilian scenario.