June 29 - July 2, 2011
Porto Alegre, Brazil
http://softwarelivre.org/fisl12 OW2 Presence in the Conferences:
Thanks to the active support of our members from Brazil, OW2 has been able to submit a list of possible presentations. Status on proposals:
- OW2 and open source trends: community presentation, Cédric Thomas, OW2 (confirmed)
- OW2 Bonitasoft Technical Presentation, Miguel Koren O'Brien de Lacy, Konsultex (confirmed)
- OW2 SlapOS, Jean-Paul Smet, Nexedi (confirmed)
- Choreos cooperative project, by Fabio Kon, USP (tbc - CHOReOS talk has been submitted through FISL CFP)
- Compatible One R&D Project: The Freedom of interoperability above the clouds, by Cédric Thomas, OW2 and Jean-Paul Smet, Nexedi. (confirmed)
Abstract: Compatible One is one of the major R&D Cloud Computing projects in Europe today. Compatible One aims to provide an open "cloudware" for the creation, deployment and management of private, public and hybrid cloud platforms, addressing IaaS, PaaS, SaaS within a global unified solution.
- OPEN: Source code, interfaces, documentation and licensing.
- COMPATIBLE: with many platforms to provide maximum freedom to users and developers.
- SCALABLE: offering maximum abstraction of resources and facilitating the creation of applications and services.
- OW2 ACCORD Project, Neociclo, Rafael Marins (cancelled)
- JOnAS, Bull
In the framework of its role in the CompatibleOne and Choreos collaborative projects dissemination packages, OW2 has booked a booth at the FISL show (booth #52). Of course all OW2 members are invited to take advantage of the booth. We will be situated right next to another OW2 member, the University of Sao Paulo. About FISL:
Since 2000, and the first edition of the International Free Software Forum (fisl), we have experienced eleven years of hard work, immense collaboration and the involvement of thousands of people who truly believe in free software and the strength of a real sense of community. Thanks to the work and commitment of this increasingly larger and stronger community, we have managed to create the biggest free software event in Latin America.