OW2 Brings Open Technologies To The Table At Cloud Plugfest
OW2 teams up with DMTF, ETSI, OCEAN Project, OASIS, OGF and SNIA to invite all open cloud projects
to their first joint Cloud Interoperability Week
OW2 co-organizes this event in the framework of its participation in the OCEAN
project. Recognizing the key role open source collaborative innovation is playing in shaping the cloud computing landscape, the Cloud Interoperability Week
will be a great opportunity to experiment with prominent open cloud projects.
Cloud Plugfests are interoperability oriented events aimed at stimulating cooperation and integration between open cloud collaborative projects. Cloud Plugfest main objectives include:
- increase awareness about the projects
- accelerate integration of their outcomes and foster cooperation between projects
- help them to increase market acceptance.
This event is co-ordinated by OCEAN in cooperation with DMTF
. The Cloud Interoperability Week will be co-located with the EGI
Technical Forum and OGF 39.
To Register, click on the map or click here
The Cloud Interoperability Week will provide an insight into the current state of Cloud Standards implementations and use cases. It will evaluate the level of interoperability of different solutions and showcase how Cloud Standards work together.
This Cloud Interoperability Week continues the series of Cloud Plugfests aimed at promoting interoperability efforts on cloud standards-based software, services, frameworks, products and projects. This year it will add a workshop
Why participate and register your project at the Cloud Plugfest?
You are contributing to a cloud project, as leader, developer or user, working for a public or private company, a university, etc. Register now to join the Cloud Plugfest!
Participants will be provided with a unique opportunity to meet cloud standards experts. In a nutshell, participating in the Cloud Plugfest will enable you to reach the following :
- Benefit from first-hand information on how Cloud standardization is progressing and how to implement Cloud standards
- Learn how to integrate open standards implementations into your software project, and grow your base of users and implementers
- Learn to use important industry standard testing tools
- Meet and discuss with standards implementers, SDO experts and testing experts
- Test your implementations together with experts and help ensure interoperability across multiple implementations and standards
What will be tested? What are the expected outcomes for you?
You will be able to test, explore and extend the level of interoperability of your project with regards to existing standards, such as :
- OCCI: OGF Open Cloud Computing Interface
- CDMI: SNIA Cloud Data Management Interface
- OVF: DMTF Open Virtualization Format
- CIMI : DMTF Cloud Infrastructure Management Interface
- CAMP: OASIS Cloud Application Management for Platforms
As reference and example, see the Test Descriptions
used in CloudPlugfest events.
How to be part of the action?
Participants can join the tests sessions or only attend sessions and workshops as observers. For those who will join the tests, they will be invited to attend a couple of preparatory meetings prior to the event ; then, on site, they will be provided with a set of distributed and multi platform automation tools for the configuration, build and tests stages.
When and Where?
The first Cloud Interoperability Week will be held both in Madrid, Spain, and Santa Clara, CA. Cloud Interoperability Week will be part of the SNIA Storage Developer Conference plugfest program held 16-18 September in Santa Clara, CA, and include events colocated with the European Grid Infrastructure Technical Forum and the 39th Open Grid Forum meeting 18-20 September at the Hotel Melia Castilla, in Madrid, Spain. Remote participation is also possible for both Cloud Plugfest and Workshop.
The Cloud Interoperability Week is supported by the European Commission.
Register now (free) at http://www.cloudplugfest.org/cloud-interoperability-week/registration
The Interoperability Week is part of the Plugfest services offered by OCEAN EU project (http://ocean-project.eu/
). All cloud projects involved in the interoperability week can benefit from other OCEAN services (see description below).
See more information about the cloud interoperability week: http://www.cloudplugfest.org/cloud-interoperability-week