One Western Gateway
Royal Victoria Doc
Visit the OW2 Community in the exhibition at booth 520!
We will be sharing the booth with and OW2 members and OW2 project.
OW2 Open Cloud Forum at Cloud Expo EuropeAbout OW2 Open Cloud Forums:
Open Cloud Forums are events proposed by the OW2 Open Source Community. Leveraging OW2’s open source expertise and numerous open cloud projects, the Forums deliver unique resources to explore the trends shaping the future of open cloud. Open Cloud Forums are interoperability-oriented events that demonstrate how innovation in cloud computing is driven by open source and open standards. Two forums will take place in early 2014.
- February 26-27 in London, during Cloud Expo Europe. This first forum is targeting technical attendees and will offer them to acquire technical knowledge based on today's main IaaS platforms (OpenNebula, CloudStack, OpenStack hands-on tutorials) and check out major European collaborative open cloud projects.
- April 9 in Paris, during Cloud Computing World Expo. With this second forum, participants will discover the latest of open cloud opportunities through a mix of panel discussions between cloud experts exchanging on latest cloud innovations and best practices on the integration and deployment of open components.
Discover the London Open Cloud Forum program.Date & Venue: February 26-27, London eXcel Convention center, Room Gallery.
See the Open Cloud Forum on .
Register for free: Click
1) Hands-on Tutorials1,5 days of hands-on tutorial sessions based on the main IaaS platforms will be proposed to participants. Target audience: developers.
- , Feb. 26, from 2 to 5pm.
- , Feb. 27, from 10:30 to 12:30am.
2) Open Cloud Project presentations, Feb. 26 morningThis session will be organized under the umbrella of the FP7 project. It will be divided into one session dedicated to presentations of collaborative projects (european or french projects) and a second one dedicated to OW2 cloud-oriented projects or members' initiatives.
EU-supported research cloud projects:
* , Giuliano Casale, Assistant Professor, Imperial College London. 10:15 - 10:30am.
- Open Cloud Who's Who project, speaker tbc. The project will also be introduced in this talk. 10:30 - 10:45am.
- , Alexander L. Wolf, Professor, Department of Computing at Imperial College London. 10:45 - 11:00am.
- , Leire Orue-Echevarria, Tecnalia. 11:00 - 11:15am.
- ,Ana Juan Ferrer, Cloud & Services Head of Lab, Atos Research & Innovation. 11:15 - 11:30am.
- , Philip Wright, Engineering Group. 11:30 - 11:45am.
- (11:45 - 12:00)
- (12:00 - 12:15)
- UForge Application Automation and Marketplace Platform: Cooperation with the OW2 community, Alexandre Lefebvre, (12:15 - 12:30)
3) Panel: Open Source and Cloud Service Providers, Feb. 26, afternoon
This panel will take place on day 1 from 15:20 - 16:00 in the Service Provider- Business Theatre.
- Jean-Pierre Laisné, CompatibleOne Leader
- Adnan Smajlovic, Rackspace
- Faycal Boujemaa, Cloudwatt
- David Wallom, Oxford eResearch Centre
OW2 Presentations in the main conference program
- Why cloud computing interoperability matters, Cédric Thomas, OW2 CEO, Showcase Theatre, Feb 27, 15:10 – 15:40.
- From Cloud to Computing as a Utility Service, Jean-Pierre Laisne, CompatibleOne Leader, Showcase Theatre, Feb 26, 15:10 – 15:40.
- OpenCloudware: The vApp Lifecycle Management Solution for Multi-Cloud, Alban Richard, UShareSoft, Cloud Innovations theatre on Thurs 27th at 14:45- 15:05
OW2 Presence in the panel: "Do you want freedom of choice in the Cloud? Interoperability is the way".
This panel will take place on Feb 26 13:15 to 14:10. Cédric Thomas , OW2 CEO and Alban Richard, OW2 Corporate Member will participate in the discussion.