Leverage Open Source in Technology and Business
Download the Sponsorship Prospectus
China Open Source Week
October 11-17, 2011
What we call Open Source Week is the grouping together of several open source events and meetings in the same week in order to achieve maximum efficiency and benefits for the attendees. The ambition of the Open Source Week is to extend the reach of open source beyond the scope of universities and build awareness for open source as a business model, as a credible way to develop, use and distribute software, in a two-way manner, not just a way to (legally) download code.
Here is an exploratory draft of what we have in mind:
• Tuesday 11 October: OW2 Open Source Corporate Networking Meeting, an open source business executive event. It provides networking opportunities within the international open source community. A full-day business event dedicated to high-level executive discussions and networking on open source as a business driver. Sessions will cover: Open source for a business purpose case studies; SQuAT: Quality and Trustworthiness in open source; Open Source Cloudware Initiative workshop.
• Wednesday 12 October: IT Partner Forum, Enterprise Meetups, mutual introductions, business opportunity evaluations with the association of software companies, and the including mutual introductions and business opportunity evaluations.
• Thursday and Friday 13-14 October: Open Source Scientific Computing conference covering industrial and educational purposes and award conference of the .
• Saturday 15 October: Open Source Communities events with Eclipse, Apache, OpenOffice, etc.
• Monday 17 October: International Open Source Workshop in Nanjing: A open source workshop focusing on the open source enterprises and organizations located in Yangtze River Delta economic region.
OW2 Open Source Corporate Networking Meeting
The OW2 Open Source Corporate Networking Meeting is an open source business executive event. It provides networking opportunities within the international open source community. OW2 is organizing it as a complement to the OW2 Programming Contest. The award ceremony of the Programming Contest will take place the same week, just after this Business networking meeting, on September 24-26, 2010 in Ningxia University. The event is a one day meeting that will feature: • Mix of project presentations and business talks:
• International meeting gathering participants Chinese and international;
• Speakers and participants from universities, enterprises, administrations and journalists,
• Improve international cooperation between Europe and China in the field of open source technologies;
• Strengthen the cooperation between universities & industry;
• Develop unique business opportunities.
The meeting is hosted by the prestigious
XueYuan Road No.37, HaiDian District, BeiJing,China Tel:86-10-82317658. For more info and speaking opportunities: please contact mo AT ow2.org Program
9:00-9:15 Opening speech
9:15-9:45 Keynote Address
9:45-10:15 Coffee break and Demo time
10:15 Case study workshop
- Case study 1
- Case study 2
- Case study 3
11:45-12:00 Case study workshop panel discussion
12:00 Lunch break
13:45 SQuAT workshop: Software Quality and Trustworthiness
- SQuAT 1
- SQuAT 2
- SQuAT 3
15:15-15:30 Software quality panel discussion
15:30-16:15 Coffee break and Demo time
16:15 Open Source Cloudware Initiative workshop
17:45-18:00 Cloud computing workshop panel discussion
18:00 Closing Session, debriefing and cloncluding remarks
18:30 - Cocktail and Gala dinner
Sponsors of the OW2 Programming Contest are invited to give a presentation during this meeting and invite their partners. Take this great opportunity of global exposure to the open source community! For further sponsorship material please see the OW2 Programming Contest sponsor document. Registration
If you wish to attend the OW2 Corporate Networking Meeting, just please send an email to management-office AT ow2.org (or mo AT ow2.org) with the following informations (all entries required):
- First name and last name
- Company/ Organization
- Job Title
- Email address
- Country and City of residence
- Telephone number
- Do you need assistance with accomodation? Y/N
All the prices are from Ctrip which is a trustworthy hotel and transportation reservation website with the reasonable price, cheaper than the price in the hotel. If you want to find more other hotels you can visit www.ctrip.com or www.elong.com. Recommended Hotels: - 4 stars, from RMB384(all the prices exclude taxes and fees),6 mins by walk
. Standard room(three days advanced booking) RMB:384.00
. Superior room(three days advanced booking) RMB:415.00
. Standard room RMB:436.00
Address: No. 25, Zhi Chun Road, Haidian District, Beijing
Tel: (86 10) 82356699
- 2 stars, from RMB190(all the prices exclude taxes and fees), 5 mins by walk.
. Standard Room(Queen/King/Twin bed), RMB190.00, free internet
. Business Double Room(Twin bed), RMB285.00, free internet and two breakfast
. Business Queen Room(Queen/King bed), RMB 311.00, free internet and two breakfast
Address: No.38 Xue Yuan Road,Hai Dian District
Phone: (86 10)82320101
Fax: (86 10)82825381
- 5 stars, from RMB511(all the prices exclude taxes and fees), 8 mins by walk from conference center.
. Business Standard Room, RMB:511.00, free internet
. Deluxe Standard Room, RMB:590.00, free internet
. Excutive Standard Room, RMB:624, free internet and two breakfast
Address: 39 Xueyuan Road (Xueyuan Lu)
Phone: (86 10)62308899
Fax: (86 10)62308818
Transportation How to go to Beijang University? Download and print the map or check this . Beihang University (BUAA) is located at the south-west corner of Xue Yuan Road and the 4th Ring Road North. Visitors have the following options to reach Beihang University.
- From Beijing International Airport
. By taxi: (30 mins, taking the 4th Ring Rd,cost RMB 80-100).
. By airport shuttle bus: Route, Airport to Zhong Guancun, get off at the North Gate of Beihang University, cost RMB 16.
. By Airport Express (Subway): Airport to Dongzhimen, transfer at San Yuan Qiao to Line 10, get off at either Beitucheng station (South-east corner of Beihang University campus) or Zhichun LU (South-west corner of Beihang University campus), then 5 minutes walk to Campus.
- From Beijing Train Station
. By taxi: (not recommended, 30-60 minutes depending on traffic)`
. By Subway: Get on the Ring Line at Beijing Train Station, transfer to Line 13 at Xizhimen Station, get off at Zhichun LU, walk to Beihang Campus
- From Beijing West Train Station
. By taxi: 30-60 minutes depending on traffic, cost 40-60RMB.
. Subway: walk one block to get on the No.1 Line at Jun Shi BoWu Guan, then transfer to Ring Line, then transfer to Line 13 at Xizhimen Station, get off at Zhichun LU, walk to Beihang Campus.
. Bus: No.47, get off the North Gate of Beihang University. Bus No.810, get off the Beihang University. It will cost 60-90 minutes to arrive at Beihang.
- From Beijing South Train Station
. Subway: get on the Line 4 at Beijing south train station, then transfer to Line 10 at Hai Dian Huang Zhuang, then get off at Zhichun LU, walk to Beihang Campus.
ATTENTION: Attendees arriving with subway line no. 10, please make sure that you leave the subway at Zhichun LU but not at Zhichun LI which is the adjacent subway station to the west.
. Bus: not recommended.
- From Beijing North Train Station
. Subway: get on Line 13 at Xizhimen Station, get off at Zhichun LU, walk to Beihang Campus.
. Taxi: 20-30minutes, cost about 25RMB.
. Bus: No.632, No. 375, No. 392, No.691, No 693, etc.