Project Lifecycle Criteria
Last modified byon 2010/11/30 16:57
OW2 project classificationThe project life cycle is composed of three stages: Incubation, Mature and Archive. The following criteria are used to decide the status of each project.
Does the project code base compile?Compilation is compulsory for Mature projects.
Are there users outside the project leader organization?
- If yes, please list project users (other OW2 projects, external entities, ...)
Are there professional services around the project code base? A commercial support offer?
- If yes, please indicate services and/or support providers
Is there a web site?
- If yes, please indicate the project website URL
Is there a project flyer?
- If yes, please indicate the URL at which the project flyer can be found
Is the project written in English, or, better, internationalised?Internationalization is recommended for all projects.
Is there a project roadmap?
- If yes, please indicate the project roadmap URL
Is the project competing with another OW2 mature project (this is for information, and OW2 accepts internal competition)?
- If yes, please indicate other OW2 competing projects, and precise the functional area of competition
Does this project reinforces the OW2 consortium as a whole?
- If yes, please motivate how your project reinforces OW2
Is there a lead (one or several contact persons) who is a corporate OW2 member?
- If yes, to which OW2 corporate member does the project lead belong?
Do you consider that the project has no more development activity (about 1 year since last commits)?A project which has no more activity is a strong candidate to become Archive.
Has the project officially been moved to another place than OW2?
- If yes, please provide the new project URL