Call for participation
Open Source Cloudware initiative is open to everyone i.e. OW2 members and non OW2 members from industry, academy or SMEs and to other related open source projects which may enter in synergy with OW2's intiative.
Our goal is to build a common vision of what should be an open cloud based on open source and open standards, and to develop key software technologies according to an R&D agenda collaboratively defined.
This document will introduce the ideas and rationales which supported the creation of this initiative, the first technological elements composing the bedrock of this initiative and the envisonned roadmap for the coming months.
Where are we now
End of may and beginning of June 2010, a first set of meetings and conference calls were set enabling to OW2 members to show their interest for Open Source Cloudware initiative. You may find the minutes of these meetings here . As you may read, discussions were fruitful with participants from Industry, academy and SMEs and from Europe, China, Brazil, USA, all willing to collaborate.
Based on the inputs collected, we are in the process to form an expert group to monitor the progress of the initiative and to establish Open Source Cloudware initiative R&D Agenda i.e. vision, state of the art and technological domains. The framework of this agenda will be available soon.
How to take part in the Open Source Cloudware initiative
Now that the initiative is launched, the leaders invite OW2 members and non-members alike to take part in the Initiative by submitting contributions.
The protocol for intializing your participation in the Open Source Cloudware initiative is as follows:
1. Subscribe to the mailing list: send an email to sympa AT ow2.org with the following subject: SUBscribe cloud-initiative YourName
2. When subscribed, send an email to the list cloud-initiative AT ow2.org with the following information:
Please feel free to contact us for any question you might have.
Contact jean-pierre.laisne AT ow2.org
- an introduction to your activities in cloud computing,
- your roadmap if any,
- an introduction to your planned contribution to the OW2 OSCi.
The OW2 Open Source Cloudware Initiative offers a number of benefits to the participants:
- a market opportunity
- the chance to drive the growth of their OS Cloud solutions in a common direction achieving a great worth
- the involvement in research activities driving innovation
- a facilitation in driving OS Cloud solutions in the emerging countries' markets.
News and events
See the Cloudware Initiative Press Release in English and in French.
See the Press coverage about the OSCI initiative launch: go to the "In the Press" section at the end of Press Room page.
- 2010-05 Launch of the OW2 Open Source Cloudware Initiative
New Logos (draft)
- 2010, May 5-6: OW2 Session at Datacenters and Cloud computing, Paris La Defense (FR)
- 2010, May 20: System@tic Cluster Open Source Cloud conference
- 2010, May 25: Sino-French seminar on the OW2 Open Source Cloudware Initiative
- 2010, June 8, 10: First Open Source Cloudware Initiative Conference Calls (Minutes)
- 2010, July 13, 15: NEW Open Source Cloudware Initiative Conference Calls (OSCi Collaboration Framework Introduction 2 v0.6)
- 2010, Sept 30 - Oct 1: Open World Forum, Paris (FR) - Open Cloud Conference