What we call Open Source Week is the grouping together of several open source events and meetings in the same week in order to achieve maximum efficiency and benefits for the attendees.
The ambition of the Open Source Week is to extend the reach of open source beyond the scope of universities and build awareness for open source as a business model, as a credible way to develop, use and distribute software, in a two-way manner, not just a way to (legally) download code.
Here is an exploratory draft of what we have in mind:
• Tuesday 11 October: OW2 Open Source Corporate Networking Meeting, an open source business executive event. It provides networking opportunities within the international open source community. A full-day business event dedicated to high-level executive discussions and networking on open source as a business driver. Sessions will cover: Open source for a business purpose case studies; SQuAT: Quality and Trustworthiness in open source; Open Source Cloudware Initiative workshop.
• Wednesday 12 October: IT Partner Forum, Enterprise Meetups, mutual introductions, business opportunity evaluations with the association of software companies, and the including mutual introductions and business opportunity evaluations.
• Thursday and Friday 13-14 October: Open Source Scientific Computing conference covering industrial and educational purposes and award conference of the .
• Saturday 15 October: Open Source Communities events with Eclipse, Apache, OpenOffice, etc.
• Monday 17 October: International Open Source Workshop in Nanjing: A open source workshop focusing on the open source enterprises and organizations located in Yangtze River Delta economic region.