Mission & Statements
Based on Open Source and Open Standard components, acting as a community, our mission is to:
- Propose OW2 contributors new tools and services to support their daily work;
- Promote European academic projects through the ELC dissemination channel;
- Foster original and innovating academic research initiatives.
- Happy new year and all the best to you all for this year 2009!
- The first Webinar program has been published. Very interesting program so don't miss the sessions!
- As ELC is getting quite a lot of news, a special RSS Feed in under investigation.
- OW2 Europe Local Chapter Goodies! Yes, two nice backgrounds has been published, get yours!
- The Webinar tool (DimDim) is in production.
- Several tests has been successfully passed and several presentation has been allready done.
- Task 3.1 Definition and development of shared tools and services
June 2008 - Sept. 2010
- Task 3.2 Support Europe LC devoted pages on OW2 Web site
June 2008 - Dec. 2010
- Deliverable 3.1 First release of tools and services platform
- Deliverable 3.x Subsequent releases of tools and services platform
Twice a year.
Tasks & Activities
Oct 08 till now 09
- We have successfully tested several tools and create Webinar content (DimDim Webinar tool, Community Building methodlogy, OSS Licences choices, RSS Feed news, etc).
- We have implemented with Jeremy Casery (thanks!) the new webinar tool. In parallel we are working on several ideas such as IPR tracking with COSS Community, Scheduling tool (Doodle like), Student assignment monitoring. ONCE MORE, your ideas are more than welcome.
- We are currently working on several ideas such as Scheduling tool (Doodle like), Student assignment monitoring, Education packages, etc. Your ideas are more than welcome.
The Europe Local Chapter proposed new tools and services to the OW2 MO:
- Webinar Tool: Dimdim
Communicate around OW2 activities (New Members Welcome training, Project Presentation, Forge Training, Community Animation Training, etc.).
- OSS License Audit Tool: HP Fossology,
Help OW2 project managers & developers in their daily job when talking about OSS licences, compatibility, governance. This tool, plugged to a forge, audit the code base and provide list of licenses used.
- OSS License Checker Tool: Open Source License Checker,
Java stand alone program that audit a code and provide licenses conflicts. Very easy to install, interesting tool.