UShareSoft Appliance Factory
UShareSoft Appliance Factory
We have negotiated a special open source community agreement withwho offers an Appliance Factory to make your open source project and your software available as a high quality software appliance. UShareSoft's UForge allows to package and maintain your software into a self-contained software image including operating system and middleware and applications of your choice. The package can be easily installed in customer environments on a bare-metal machine, a virtual infrastructure or even as a Software as a Service (SaaS) package that can be published to a cloud.
OW2 projects available on UForge catalog: Bonitasoft, Ingres, Talend, XWiki, JOnAS.
By the partnership agreement between OW2 and UShareSoft, OW2 Project Leaders are provided with a "Plus" account including all full features for Free. Simply send an email to contact AT usharesoft.com to learn more about the Community Partner Program or directly create your.
Once the account is created, users simply log in to create, configure, customize, test and download their software appliance. They can choose "à la carte" in the catalogue open source components and operating systems of their choice:
- Many OSes, in 32 or 64 bits, including CentOS 5.3, 5.4, Fedora 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and Debian 5.0, with Ubuntu coming soon.
- Large catalogue of best of breed open source projects and regularly updated.
- Many formats available: bootable DVD, USB, Virtual Box, OVF (open source formats), VMware ESXi, KVM, Xen Server, Amazon AMI, EMI, EMI Xen, EMI KVM, Eucalyptus, Cloud.com and more to come.
We are additionnally offering an innovative deployment framework « Open Appliance Studio » providing the capability to carry out multi-tier deployments completely automatically. Seeabout Open Appliance Studio features and conditions.
Benefits for OW2 Open Source projects:
Providing your project as a "ready-to-run" software appliance is a unique opportunity to radically reduce technical barriers for adoption of open source projects. Deliver your software as a pre-package virtual image , and simplify installation and configuration processes. Grow your downloads and expand your community.
- Make your software easily downloadable on your website, for tests and evaluation. Make it as easy as possible for people to try it, facilitate your customers Proof of Concept.
- Use your project appliance for instant demos on tradeshows or for training sessions.
Additionnally, new open source projects are continuously added to the Project catalogue. If you would like to have your project added, please send an email to contact AT usharesoft.com!
OW2 App Center:
This space on the forge is dedicated to make available for download appliances of OW2 projects. UShareSoft will contribute to provide content for this space.
UShareSoft App Center:
UShareSoft is making a number of Elastic Appliances available for download(software image including the configuration blueprint and possibly several configuration scenarios for multi-node deployments). Those appliances are ready for deployments in differents physical, virtual or cloud environments and have been developed in conjunction with JasperSoft, SpagoBI, Talend, and XWiki. Two complete "private cloud in a box" Elastic Appliances based on Cloud.com's CloudStack Community Edition and Eucalyptus are also available.
Conditions: To be able to apply for a free OW2 Community Pro account , you must satisfy a certain number of criteria:
- Have an established code base on OW2 forge,
- Have a publicly available project website,
- Use an approved open source license,
- Be an open source project leader or committer,
- All software appliances you build are publicly accessible.
UShareSoft was officially launched on February 9th, 2010, see the. The partnership between UShareSoft and OW2 was officially announced on May 7th, see more and read the Press Realease .
Contact UShareSoft: contact AT usharesoft.com.
to the OW2 IT infrastructure page.
Joinindustry leaders, academics and individuals and help shape the future of middleware