Software Quality Assurance and Trustworthiness
Last modified byon 2011/07/18 17:29
Software Quality Assurance and TrustworthinessOur main task for the 2010-2011 season is to improve the perceived quality of the code which is downloaded from OW2. Having good quality code and a good reputation for code is essential for the success and the growth of OW2. It is also essential for the growth of the downloads and the dissemination of the OW2 code. The efforts will primarily target the mature projects. Our perpective is that the "SQuAT" (Software Quality Assurance and Trustworthiness) has 2 sides:
- concentrate on the quality of the code itself
- concentrate on the IP of the code
Code QualityCode quality will be assessed using the following tools:
- Sonar, a Java-oriented code checking tool
- QualiPSo OMM, a maturity model and assessment methodology from the qualiPSo project. .
- Methods, processes and tools provided by Trustie OW2 will become a user of the Trustie processes to enhance the quality of our software. This requires the help from Trustie, to discover, understand implement and use the Trustie methodologies and tools.
- Testing by CSTC: this is a service provided by CSTC (China Software Testing Center) as a contribution to OW2. CSTC has some tools to test the code, however, testing code is a difficult and costly task.
IP of the codeIP verification tools to be used (use of these tools by OW2 has been already agreed by tools providers) include:
- FOSSology, for license analysis
- Antelink, for source code analysis
AcknowledgementsThis programme benefits from help from CSTC, Trustie, Qualipso, Fossology and HP, and Antelink, without which it would not be possible.
Joinindustry leaders, academics and individuals and help shape the future of middleware