OW2 Technology Infrastructure
OW2 Technology Infrastructure
OW2 Forge MigrationWe have started the work on the migration from GForge to NovaForge. With this migration, we are undertaking a major upgrade of our technical infrastructure. In Q4 2010, OW2 will be running on an entirely new and state-of-the-art forge. The planning of the migration is as follows:
- Migration scripts: 01/03/10 to 18/06/10
- Sympa product integration in NovaForge: 21/06/10 to 16/07/10
- NovaForge installation to adapt to OW2 environment: 19/07/10 to 06/08/10
- Qualification and tests on OW2 platform: 06/09/10 to 30/09/10
- Production environment: 18/10/10 to 10/01/11
- Pilot project migration: January 2011
- Migration of OW2 projects: as from January 2011
Software Quality Assurance Track (SQuAT)In 2010, OW2 is launching a series of actions to improve the perceived quality of the code which is downloaded from OW2. More details can be found .
Java Test Compatibility Kit (TCK)OW2 open source projects are granted access to the following Java TCKs:
- JavaTM Platform, Enterprise Edition 5 (Java EE 5) Specification (JSR 244)
- JavaTM 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition 1.4 (J2EE 1.4) Specification (JSR 151)
- Java Business Integration (JBI) (JSR 208)
- JavaTM Message Service (JMS) API (JSR 914)
- JavaTM Persistence 2.0 (JSR 317),
- JAX-RS: The Java API for RESTful Web services (JSR 311),
- Java API for XML-Based Web Services (JAX-WS) 2.0 (JSR 224)
- J2EE Connector Architecture 1.5 (JSR 112)
Appliance Factory for OW2 ProjectsWe have negotiated a special open source community licence with UShareSoft who offers OW2 projects leaders the ability to make their software available in a package that can be easily installed in customer environments. OW2 project leaders should check .
Atlassian toolsOW2 benefits since 2009 from an open source license from Atlassian. More details about the Atlassian tools at OW2 is available on .
License analysis toolsOW2 hosts the OSLC (Open Source License Checker) project.
See the .
OSLC can be and can be easily used to analyze source code for licenses. Moreover, OW2 has been granted a login to use the Fossology platform (see also the Fossology project at http://www.fossology.org).
You can consult this simple user guide to use the OW2 Fossology access.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the associated login and password.
OW2 in the social networksOn , the links to OW2 group in the social networks.
New hardware (Spring 2010)Most of our applications have migrated onto the new machines on March 19 and April 2, 2010. OW2-02, the machine running the election application, the members database, the mailing lists system and the web sites was also migrated on April 13, 2010. Any question, please email mo at ow2 dot org. The new machines will be configured as follows:
- Dell PowerEdge R710
- CPU: 2 Intel Xeon 5520 (QuadCore Nehalem 2.26 Ghz)
- RAM: 16 Go DDR3
- Hard disks: SAS 4x300 Go 10 000 rpm 2.5' (hot plug)
- Disk controler: PERC 6i with RAID 5 and 6 plus write cache
- Redundant cooling fans
- Network interfaces réseaux: 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Remote control iDRAC6 Enterprise Server (important)
- Redundant power supply Energy Smart (hot plug)