OW2 Technology Infrastructure
Migrating to new machines soonMost of our applications have migrated onto the new machines on March 19 and April 2. However OW2-02, the machine running the election application, the members database, the mailing lists system and the web sites will be migrated April 13. Any question, please email mo at ow2 dot org. The new machines will be configured as follows:
- Dell PowerEdge R710
- CPU: 2 Intel Xeon 5520 (QuadCore Nehalem 2.26 Ghz)
- RAM: 16 Go DDR3
- Hard disks: SAS 4x300 Go 10 000 rpm 2.5' (hot plug)
- Disk controler: PERC 6i with RAID 5 and 6 plus write cache
- Redundant cooling fans
- Network interfaces r�seaux: 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Remote control iDRAC6 Enterprise Server (important)
- Redundant power supply Energy Smart (hot plug)
Java Test Compatibility Kit (TCK)OW2 open source projects are granted access to the following Java TCKs:
- JavaTM Platform, Enterprise Edition 5 (Java EE 5) Specification (JSR 244)
- JavaTM 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition 1.4 (J2EE 1.4) Specification (JSR 151)
- Java Business Integration (JBI) (JSR 208)
- JavaTM Message Service (JMS) API (JSR 914)
- JavaTM Persistence 2.0 (JSR 317),
- JAX-RS: The Java API for RESTful Web services (JSR 311),
- Java API for XML-Based Web Services (JAX-WS) 2.0 (JSR 224)
- J2EE Connector Architecture 1.5 (JSR 112)
Appliance Factory for OW2 ProjectsWe have negotiated a special open source community licence with UShareSoft who offers OW2 projects leaders the ability to make their software available in a package that can be easily installed in customer environments. OW2 project leaders should check .
Web site migration completedOn Thursday, November 13, Alessandro Taurelli and Jeremy Casery have migrated the website up to the latest XWiki version. The website was down less than 50 minutes. Superb job, well done!
Chinese websiteOn Thursday, November 13, while in Europe we were migrating the site, Chinese members launched the Chinese version of the OW2 web site. Check it out at www.ow2.org.cn. Another excellent job.
OW2 in the social networksOn , the links to OW2 group in the social networks.
Infrastructure Migration CompletedThe OW2 Technology infrastrucure was migrated in February 2008. More details on the technology migration page, .
Infrastructure Performance Indicators
Availability and response time for 2015-05-22
(For example, Jonas Xwiki)
The OW2 machinesOn the picture below, Emmanuel Decaen of hoster Xsalto installing one of the OW2 servers.
The incident of June 24, 2008On the week-end of June 22, the air conditioning (AC) system in the lights-out room where our machines are hosted started malfunctioning. On Monday June 23 it gradually went down and the temperature went up… Around 10pm UTM, the systems administrator had to shut down the machines. After 10 hours, out of three AC engines, one was working, one was merely fanning air and the third on was definitely down. We managed however to retarts two servers running our major applications: forge, wiki, mailing lists. The Xsalto team was on permanent alert. They did an outstanding job. Thank you! The AC systems have been replaced during the week. On Monday, July 30 we could say the incident was closed. We are setting up an alternative system to mail the community should anything major happen again. However, we have decided against having an 100% back-up system in a other data center because we evaluate that the chances an incident of this magnitude happens again is negligeable.
Joinindustry leaders, academics and individuals and help shape the future of middleware