Board 2012 Elections
2012 Election of the Board of Directors
What each member category vote for
Election and vote process is different for each member category:
- Corporate Members will vote to elect a number of representatives equal to the number of Strategic Members.
- Individual Members will vote to elect .
- Strategic Members do not vote.
The candidates registration step runs from February 28 to March 13. See how to apply further below. The list of candidates in the 2012 election of the Board of Directors is regularly updated on the following pages:
- Individual Members representative
- Corporate Members representatives
Please note the online vote will be open between March 28 and April 10.
The official notice will be sent on February 1 for:
- the 2012 election of Board Members
- election of the Chairperson of the Board
- the 2012 General Assembly.
For more information about the process, please see the.
Board representatives election schedule
|The schedule for the 2012 election is as follows:|
(All periods end 12pm CET.)Candidates are invited to meet with members at theon March 9.
Chairperson election schedule
The Chairperson is a member of the Board and is elected by the members of the Board. The schedule for the 2012 election is as follows:
- March 15-18: Registration of Candidates
- March 19-25: Candidates campaign: Q&A with the applicants on the board mailing list
- March 26-27: Vote: online or face-to-face during a board meeting
- March 28: Result of Chairperson election
(All periods end 12pm CET.)
How to apply to be a candidate
Only Corporate Members having fully paid their Membership fees, or duely informed the Management Office, can be candidates and are eligible to participate in OW2 Elections and Board Meetings votes.
For Candidate registration, as usual now, you must use the following template (applications will be published on the OW2 Web site - pages mentionned above):
- Subject: Application from (personal name) (organization name) to the OW2 board
- (Membership Category) (Corporate Members) or (Individual Members)
- (Motivations) (<200 words)
- (Applicant Name)
- (Applicant Bio) (<200 words)
Send your application to the relevant mailing list:
- For Corporate Members representatives send your application to corporate-members AT ow2.org
- For Individual Members representative send your application to individual-members AT ow2.org.
Joinindustry leaders, academics and individuals and help shape the future of middleware