Role and Duties
The Technology Council (TC) is responsible for:
- building the overall technical architecture, including defining technical guidelines
- providing technology validation
- making project life-cycle decisions (see the and the )
- monitoring the production and the overall projects consistency.
The Technology Council also defines OW2's architecture vision, it validates the founding charters of Projects and Initiatives and it approves the reuse of non-OW2 code into Projects and Initiatives.
The Technology Council provides guidelines to theregarding the evolution of the OW2 technical platform.
Every OW2 Project leader is de facto a member of the Technology Council. The list of members is available on. Only TC members can volunteer for . The Technology Council is run by its elected and by the .
- IRC channel : IRC network : Freenode, Channel : #ow2-tc, , see also
- Phone: France 0170918646
The Technology Council organizes meetings on a bimestrial basis (at least we try to).
Next TC meeting
The next TC meeting will take place in September 2015.
Please log-in 15min the starting time to solve potential technical issues so we can effectively start the meeting on time. For this meeting, we may try using WebEx for the first time in parallel with the IRC chat.
Agenda of the last meeting
- Programming contest: (Marcel Donges)
- New Project: by CETIC (Cedric Thomas, Marcel Donges)
- Technology Infrastructure Update (Martin Hamant)
- Weekly Webinars to promote mature projects (Marcel Donges)
- What do you think about the project categorisation in the forge Did you see the AppHub directory and its taxonomy already? (Marcel Donges)
- Technology Council Platform: IRC or OW2 Webex Voice&Video. Let’s talk about your restrictions and chances. (all)
11. Discuss options like , (Linagora)
- Scheduling the next TC Meeting (Marcel Donges)
Minutes of the Technology Council meetings are archived on a per year basis.
- Current year:
- Previous years: , , , , , , , ,
Reference Documents and Processes
- Project LifeCycle
- Project Acceptance
- Project End of Life
- Under Discussion
The Technology Council can be contacted at technology-council at ow2 dot org.