OW2con'13 - Call for Presentations (Closed)
OW2 Annual Conference 2013
November 13-14, 2013
Workshop Day: November 12, 2013
Orange Labs, Paris Issy les Moulineaux Paris, France
Open Source Collaborative Innovation, The Way Forward
PLEASE SEE THE SUBMISSION FORM AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
OW2 Consortium invites presentation proposals from qualified experts who meet the consortium’s criteria for motivating open source professionals to excel professionally and improve technical performance.
CALL FOR PRESENTATION DEADLINE: JULY 12th 2013! EXTENDED TO JULY 31st.
Please take the time to review the following details and requirements so that you will have the best chance to be selected. Then use the online form available below to submit your presentation.
OW2Con 2013 will feature the latest innovations and new technologies in the open source middleware and open source cloud computing areas. Launched in 2009, OW2Con has evolved into an international high-technology event, featuring two days of project demonstrations and presentations, open source initiatives and collaborative projects, business presentations and panel discussions.
Speaker Requirements: You are an experienced technology expert from the open source community. You are a project leader, a project contributor, a project manager in charge of component deployments within the OW2 Consortium, or a researcher, end-user, IT Department Manager/Director. You are expected to support a wide diversity of perspectives from all fields and disciplines relating to open source middleware and open source cloud computing.
1) Submit a presentation
Speaker proposals should fit with one of those topics:
· OW2 Project Spotlight: Technology presentations based on OW2 projects ;latest news on OW2 flagship projects and new projects presentations. Project presentations should include not only technical explanations, but also project demonstrations and feedback from end-users.
. Joint Projects presentations: Presentations given jointly by two or more project leaders working together. The aim is to highlight interactions between OW2 projects and show how OW2 components are used simultaneously. Cooperations between OW2 and external projects are accepted. Project presentations should include not only technical explanations, but also project demonstrations and feedback from end-users.
· Open Source Cloud: Presentations related to open source cloud computing, proposed by members participating in the OSCi Initiative; external participants are welcome to send their proposals for consideration; Technical- and business-oriented proposals will also be considered.
· Big Data: Big data is recognized today as a new IT trend. It requires exceptional technologies to efficiently process large quantities of data within tolerable elapsed times. Presentations in this track should provide an overview of solutions proposed by OW2 technologies that help solve the problematic of large-scale data. Outside projects presentation are accepted.
. Quality in open source: The SQUaT (Software Quality Assurance and Trustworthiness ) initiative has been launched in 2010 by OW2 in order to improve the perceived quality of the code which is downloaded from OW2. Presentations in this track should focus on the tools proposed to help open source projects produce reports on the quality of the code and/or first results of the SQUaT initiative.
· OW2 Use Cases and Success Stories: Presentations based on components and platforms used within OW2; Production of projects by end-users within OW2; Solutions by systems integrators deployed within OW2; Integration of OW2 projects in commercial offerings.
· Others: Proposals outside the list of sessions or submitted by participants outside the OW2 community will also be considered.
2) Send a request to participate in a round table.
You can submit to participate in one of the three round tables:
- Hybrid Clouds: How to get the best of both worlds?
- Benefits and challenges of integrating open source components.
- Open source and the BYOD-mobility-security CIO headache.
Submission for a round table can be done in addition to a submission for a presentation in the main conference session.
To submit your presentation proposal and/or panel participation request, please fill in the submission form below before July 12, 2013.