The OW2 Big Data Initiative is focused on different working areas, producing various results.
It addresses both technological and non-technological activities, as well as research and communication activities.
Main deliverables of the initiative provide objects that encourage and facilitate the adoption and the experimentation of Big Data techniques, such as:
- ready-to-use appliances addressing specific big data sources applied to significant sample data
- descriptions of real adoptions or well-defined use cases ready for implementation
- descriptions of machine learning algorithms and data science techniques applied to actual sample scenarios
- realization of demonstration environments
- Big Data support services delivered by means of Cloud infrastructures.